13 PhD Fellowships in Biological Sciences, Jena, Germany
The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the
German Excellence Initiative. It conceptionally combines different
research areas (microbial communities, interactions with plant,
animal and human hosts and environmental interactions) to a
comprehensive picture of microbial communication (www.jsmc.uni-
jena.de). JSMC is an ambitious Graduate School prospectively
comprising 150 PhD students who will be educated in a structured,
interdisciplinary training program based on top-level fundamental
research. Four faculties of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena,
six non-university research institutions as well as twelve partner
companies are participating in this cutting edge research and
training program which includes an innovative PhD program, career
development and intensive sociocultural care. Three embedded existing
Research Training Groups as well as twelve other cooperative research
projects are engaged to incorporate novel research areas to achieve a
complete view of microbial communication.
We invite applications for
13 PhD Fellowships
The positions are immediately available.
– an equivalent of a Master’s degree in Natural Sciences (e.g.
Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics, Medicine). Candidates
about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
– high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary
research areas of JSMC
– creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
– an integrative and cooperative personality
– very good communication skills in English
– a top-level research environment
– a PhD stipend paid according to the rules of the DFG (German
Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
– a periodic research report system
– efficient supervision by a team of two supervisors
– a comprehensive mentoring program
– courses in novel technologies and soft skills
– a highly communicative atmosphere between the involved institutions
– Jena – the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively city
with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centres of
innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
For the first step of the application procedure please acquaint
yourself with the scientific projects offered on our website
and thoroughly fill in the “Statement of Interest” form downloadable
from this site.
Deadline for submission of the “Statement of Interest”: June 26th,
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment meeting
in autumn 2008.
Info Beasiswa S1 S2 S3 scholarship dalam negeri dan luar negeri Indonesia Sekolah Diploma
Belum ada komentar.